20 Ideas to Celebrate Student Birthdays!
Posted on March 24, 2019 in 1st Grade, home school, Instagram, Kindergarten, Pre-K, Teacher, teachers, TPT
Help your students feel special on their special day. Who doesn’t love to be remembered on the day of their birth! The smallest things really can mean a lot. Below is a list of 20 ideas. Some of these were shared by you all Kudoz4kidz subscribers!
Birthday Song – Everyone sings Happy Birthday
Teacher for the Day – Students love taking over for the teacher
Compliments – everyone compliments the birthday student
Teacher Chair – let the birthday student sit in the teacher chair
- Birthday certificates. Present it along with a birthday pencil.
Birthday Color by Code Greeting Cards – build math fluency with this simple activity and celebrate a student’s special day! AVAILABLE AT TEACHERSPAYTEACHERS.COM – CLICK HERE.
Birthday Placemats – Make your students’ day special by placing a birthday placemat on their desk
Homework Pass – used for daily assignments.
Read to the class about the day you were born.
- All About Me Poster – Let the student create a special all about me poster. Then, on the day of their birthday, have them share their poster with the class.
- Include everyone – Add 6 months to Summer birthday and celebrate on that date or let them pick a day.. Giving them their own day gives them their own sense of pride and ability to bask in their next year of life. We teach students to rejoice in what life is, so let each one get their moment.If the birthday student is from another country or speaks another language, dsing “Happy Birthday” once in their native language and once in the instructional language.
Birthday Calendar – During the first week of school create a birthday calendar with the entire class. This will be the birthday bulletin board. Above each month, put the students’ birthday.
- Write on the board – Ask students to write at least two or three things things they like best about the birthday student. Make a list to put on the board, which stays there all day as a reminder of how special and valued the birthday child is.
- Birthday Bags – Every child loves getting presents on the birthday! So here is an idea that will not break the bank. At the beginning of the year go to the nearest Dollar Store. Get little cellophane bags, pencils, erasers and a few trinkets. Then make a birthday bag for each student. When their birthday comes around, you will be prepared.
- Surprise Gift – A fun gift to give to students on their birthday is a surprise bag. Purchase one or more items (the dollar store or dollar tree store) and wrap the items up in different colored tissue paper. Place the gifts into a basket and have the student choose whichever gift they want.
Write the student’s name on the BIRTHDAY BOARD.
- The Surprise Box – Cover a small box with birthday wrapping paper and place a bow on the top of it. In this box place a birthday certificate, pencil, eraser, and a small trinket. When students enter the classroom have each person make the birthday student a card. Then at the end of the day when it’s time to celebrate give the student their birthday box.
- Birthday Wish Book – Celebrate each student’s birthday by having the class create a birthday wish book. In this book have each student fill out the following information:
- Happy Birthday:
- My birthday wish for you is:
- What I like best about you is:
- Have a great birthday! From:
Once students have filled out their page for the book have them draw a picture. Then assemble all of the pages into a book for the birthday student to take home.
Share your other suggestions in the comments below. Thank you!
Build Math fluency with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLOR BY NUMBER CODE
activity with a birthday greeting card! Available at TeacherPayTeachers. Click Here.
FUN EASY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ACTIVITY!
- Acknowledge student’s big day and celebrate with personalized cards while learning math!
- This is also a nice idea to acknowledge a a big birthday for the principal or another teacher’s; a friend’s or family member’s.
1 – Coloring by Number CODE worksheet (with sums up to 10)
1 – Example Color Key
1 – Lesson Plan Integration and Birthday and Cake History
1 – To/From Greeting Card
You might also be interested in the following related products:
CHRISTMAS TREE COLOR BY NUMBER FOR ADDITION
JACK O LANTERN COLOR BY NUMBER ADDITION
SNOWMAN COLOR BY NUMBER – ADDITION
GINGERBREAD COLOR BY NUMBER – ADDITION
WINTER FLOWER, POINSETTIA COLOR BY NUMBER – SUBTRACTION
HOT CHOCOLATE COLOR BY NUMBER SUBTRACTION
CUPCAKE COLOR BY NUMBER ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
CANDY CANES AND GUMDROPS COLOR BY NUMBER FOR ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
CELEBRATE NEW YEAR’S WITH A PENGUIN COLOR BY NUMBER FOR ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
GROUND HOG COLOR BY NUMBER FOR ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
FLAMINGO KISS COLOR BY NUMBER CODE – FUN VALENTINE’S DAY ACTIVITY!
FLAMINGO KISS COLOR BY NUMBER ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
LUCKY DAY – A POT OF GOLD & RAINBOW COLOR BY NUMBER FOR ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
SPRING BUNNY COLOR BY NUMBER ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
GOOD MANNERS…Let’s talk about MANNERS, MANNERS, MANNNERS
Environmental Listening Project
OH MAN! CUPID IS IN A JAM! Valentine’s Day Project – TOP SECRET
Growth Mindset, the Law of Attraction & Creation, POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS POSTERS
If you like our artwork, you many be interested in the following related products:
FIND OUT WHAT IS NEW: BECOME A KUDOZ4KIDS FOLLOWER! CHECK US OUT AT http://kudoz4kidz.com BECOME A KUDOZ4KIDS FOLLOWER! CHECK US OUT AT http://kudoz4kidz.com Thanks so much for your interest and consideration! GET CREDIT TOWARDS FUTURE PURCHASES! Go to purchases page. Next to each purchase you will see a “Provide Feedback” button. Click on that button and it will take you to a page where you can leave a rating and a comment about the product. Every time you provide feedback, you will earn TPT credits. These can be applied to future purchases to save you money! Very cool!
Please be aware that purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download without permission. You may forward images with links from Kudoz4kids TPT store or Kudoz4kidz.com and it is very much appreciated.
• Please be aware that copying any part of this product digitally is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
Please spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product, Kudoz4kids store or Kudoz4kids.com or kudoz4kidz.com is much appreciated. Thank you for investing in us!
Thanks for checking out KUDOZ4KIDS. Hope you ENJOY! If you see any changes that need to be made, please contact via email know and it will be updated ASAP.
Visit our blog!